Special Notes About Your ALTA AccessPORT Install:
- Install the AP Manager Program and Check for updates. This is the first most important step to make sure your AP has the most up to date ECU, Vehicle data and MAPs for your car. After the update, you will not see the maps in the AP manager until the AccessPORT is installed on your car.
- Make sure your key is in the on position. The AccessPORT will not install and say “Can’t Connect To Vehicle, Reconnect Cable and Try Again” unless the key is in the on position. The simplest way to check this is to make sure you can see your gas gauge. If you can see this, you should be able to install the AccessPORT onto your car.
- Its possible that during the installation process, your ALTA AccessPORT will not recognize your vehicle. This is something we can’t control as there are many new ECU versions that Mini releases over the years. If this happens, don’t worry but expect roughly 2 days before we can get the ECU added to our database. This will not effect your ability to drive your car, but it will mean your car will stock just a few days more. When you receive your AccessPORT, please try to connect your AccessPORT to your car right away so there is little delay with us getting your new vehicle added. Follow instructions below on how to save your ECU data and email it to us.
Step 1. Download and Install AccessPORT Manager
The AP Manager program is a tool that not only updates your AP, but also it allows you to manage all your maps/logs and ECU data for your AccessPORT. This is the first most important step to make sure your AP has the most up to date ECU and Vehicle data. Making sure its updated before your install is the best way to ensure you have a successful AccessPORT installation. Install this program using the below links depending on your computers operating system.
Link PC Version Below
Link MAC Version Below
Step 2. Update Your ALTA AccessPORT:
Update your ALTA AccessPORT BEFORE you load maps or try to install to vehicle. This ensures you have the most current mapping and functionality for your ALTA AccessPORT.
- With the AP Manager program installed, make sure your computer is connected to the internet and plug in your AccessPORT to your computer.
- Allow the AccessPORT to be plugged in for roughly 30 seconds to allow new drivers to be installed.
- Open the AP Manager program and make sure it connects to the AccessPORT itself. If it doesn’t do this automatically, click on the “Connect” button on the upper right side.
- Click on the “Updates” button. If there is an update available, click on “Begin Firmware Update” and let the AccessPORT complete the update, which takes roughly 5 minutes to complete. Its completed when you see the message “Your AccessPORT is Up To Date”.
Step 3. Install the ALTA AccessPORT to your car:
- Locate the OBD port on your vehicle and plug the AccessPORT OBD cable into it. 07-09 cars will have a small trap door to flip down that will expose OBD port. Plug smaller black rectangle connector into AccessPORT itself.
- Place key into the ignition and turn to the ON position (do not start engine). A good indicator that the car is on, is to look at the gas gauge. If the gas gauge is illuminated then the key is in the “On” position. Sounds like a simple thing to do, but 90% of the time a customer calls because the AccessPORT doesn’t work, its because the key wasn’t in the “ON” position. Make sure that the radio, lights, Heater/AC controls and all accessories are turned off and battery is fully charged before flashing ECU.
- Press the “Enter” button when your AccessPORT shows the “Install” screen. Verify your car matches the described vehicle on the screen. SPECIAL NOTE: If the ALTA AccessPORT doesn’t recognize your car, please follow the instructions in the “Save My ECU Data” below.
- Follow the on screen directions until you are asked to pick what map to install. Pick the map that best suites your vehicle. Clicking on a map one time, will show a larger description for the map, which will help determine which map is best suited for your car. If you have questions about this, give us a call we can help you pick the map for your car.
- The ALTA AccessPORT will first save your ECU data, then it will continue with flashing the custom map onto the ECU.
- When the ALTA AccessPORT is done installing your custom map, turn key to the off position, disconnect the AccessPORT from the OBD port.
- Turn key to the on position, and wait for 5 seconds for the ECU to reboot. Then start the car and enjoy the new found power!
If Vehicle Is Not Recognized…….
As MINI releases new cars and new ECU data It may be necessary to dump the vehicle information stored in your ALTA AccessPORT. This process takes about 10minutes to complete and after we get the ECU data, it can take a couple of days to get the AccessPORT updated. Please be patient with us as sometimes this involves making new maps as well.
- During the installation process, you may see the screen “Failed to Recognize Vehicle……….”
- If this comes up, hit the OK button and proceed to the USER TOOLS section.
- Click on the” Save ECU Data” button and follow the on-screen instructions to save ECU data.
- When the AccessPORT is done saving data, it will return to the install screen. Its now ok to unplug ALTA AccessPORT from car.
- Open AccessPORT Manager software and plug in your ALTA AccessPORT and click the Connect button.
- Click on Filter drop down menu to show “All files”. Locate your ECU data file and highlight it.
- Click on “Save Selected Files to Computer” button, or drag the file to you desktop.
- Compose and email containing your name, your car, transmission and build date. Send an email with the file attached to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- With in 1 to 2 business days we will add the new vehicle/ECU to our database. When this occurs you will need to update your AP using the “Check For Beta Firmware”, under the Options menu.
- After the update is complete, go out to your car and install your AccessPORT following the instructions on how to install the AP.
Any questions regarding ALTA AccessPORTs and the installation? Send an email or live chat with us!